Saturday, August 23, 2008

Stents.....3 month mark

Well, we have just about reached our 3 month mark with the stents. I am thrilled that we made it this far. I just remember back to when I didn't even think we would make it 3 hours let alone 3 months. We have done it. We have not used the stents this past week much at all due to trying to get into our routine with me back at work. He has not gone to the sitter with them in at all. I just refuse to put him through that mess so early in the morning to reapply all the tape, Mastisol, and clean Reid all up. It's a long process and one that Reid hates. I am not willing to wake him up and put him through such things. Not after we have made it so far!!! We don't have an appointment until Sept. 12 to see our p/s. I really don't see us using the stents much anymore. Our p/s did say that he wanted Reid in stents for 3-6 months.....but with having the NAM and using stents with that prior to wearing these latest nasal stents..I think Reid has paid his dues. (and us, too...to tell the truth). It is so nice to see REID....not all the tape and gunk that we have used since literally he was just new. 9 months of tape, Mastisol, stents, the NAM, steri-strips. more Mastisol, more tape....you get the idea. We are hopefully hanging up our tape for now...and we are enjoying kissing those cheekers...tape free. Until next time....

1 comment:

Heather said...

So have you always had to tape his stents in? Were they ever stitched in like Aidan's? I can't imagine using them for 6 months!! My goodness!!! Poor Reid... and poor YOU! I can empathize with you on wanting to see your baby without "stuff" on his face!